Added to your Itinerary Planner below
Get route gradient profileGenerate
A traverse of Stinchcombe Hill offering stunning views over the Severn Vale. A descent from the escarpment on hard paths offers the reward of delicious refreshments at the Leaf and Ground cafe . This walk is suitable for families but not for pushchairs and buggies.
- Distance: 2.7 miles
- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Difficulty: Moderate, some steep sections with 470ft/144m of ascent/descent
- Parking: Stinchcombe Hill Carpark, GL11 6AQ
- Refreshments: Leaf and Ground cafe
Points of Interest:
- Stinchcombe Hill - noted for superb views from the Cotswold Way above steep slopes in all directions and supporting a wide biodiversity of flora and wildlife.
- Tyndale Monument - The monument which can be seen in the distance on this walk is dedicated to the martyr William Tyndale. Tyndale's mission was to translate The Bible into English so that ordinary folk could read it for themselves rather than relying on priests for an interpretation. His reward was to be strangled and then burned at the stake.