Added to your Itinerary Planner below
Get route gradient profileGenerate
This is a great circular walk for families, with 5 themed Geocaches to find, each with letters taped inside. Find all the geocaches and their letters and use them to unscramble a word. Tell us the word, or visit the Fiddle Drill Tearooms at Goodmanham and tell them, and each family will get their very own special National Trail Geocoin!
You need to go to www.geocaching.com to find the details of where the Geocaches are hidden. Their names are
- Yorkshire Wolds Way Geocache Trail - Railway
- Yorkshire Wolds Way Geocache Trail - Stream
- Yorkshire Wolds Way Geocache Trail - Well
- Yorkshire Wolds Way Geocache Trail - Quarry
- Yorkshire Wolds Way Geocache Trail - Village
The walk itself is about 4 miles long, starting from Market Weighton and uses the lovely disused railway with its woodland corridor. It then heads to Goodmanham, a beautiful village with a choice of great stopping points for refreshment such as the Fiddle Drill Tearooms (open Wednesday to Sunday) or the Goodmanham Arms pub.
- Distance: 6.3Km / 3.9 miles
- Duration: allow about 3 hours for the walk, plus refreshment stops
- Difficulty: This is a fairly easy walk, with no stiles and just a small climb on the road from old railway line up towards Goodmanham. It is accessible to wheelchair users.