Added to your Itinerary Planner below
Get route gradient profileGenerate
Now in new premises in the exciting Dowdeswell Park development and operating a busy thirteen hectolitre brew-plant Battledown Brewery produces fine beers for local public houses, hotels, restaurants and shops.
Over thousands of years brewers have moulded a rich national brewing tradition. Using the same techniques developed by these generations of brewers we are able to create beers that we are proud of. The methods are as old as the hills and the ingredients are as good as you can get, so the product is unsurprisingly..well judge for yourself!
Our doors are open to all, we make sure we always have plenty of different beers on offer for retail sale and we are always happy to show you around.
Come and visit us, find out how we craft our beers and enjoy sampling them with a hearty ploughmans tea.
Group Visits - We’ve had all sorts, from birthday parties and Morris Men to an amazing variety of organizations – Football Clubs, Freemasons, Canoe Clubs, Home Brewers, CAMRA, Christian Fathers, Skittles teams, Solicitors; we’ve had them all, we’ve even had GCHQ (but I can’t tell you about that, it’s top secret!) You never know you might learn something!
What we do is:-
- Give you a Battledown branded pint glass to take home.
- Prepare you some good food, breads, cheeses, pickles, pies etc.
- Talk about the whats, whys and hows of brewing
- Tell you about Battledown Brewery, about the ingredients, the history of beer etc.
- Answer as many questions as you fire at us - beer related preferably..
- Take up two hours of your time.
Oh yes, and we'll let you try the beers, as much as you want!