Zu Ihrem Routenplaner unten hinzugefügt
Get route gradient profileGenerate
Individualisieren Sie Ihre Tour mit unseren Filtern.
Reached between the tides via a short causeway, St. Mary's has all the fascination of a miniature, part-time island.
The Lighthouse, completed in 1898 on a hazardous coast for shipping, remained operational until 1984 when it was superseded by modern navigational techniques. Since then the Lighthouse and former keepers' cottages have been operated as a visitor centre by North Tyneside Council.
The surrounding Nature Reserve contains an area of rockpools, clifftop grassland, a beach and newly created wetland habitats.