Gumber Bothy Campsite and Camping Barn
National Trust Slindon Estate Office
W Sussex BN18 0RG
Telephone: 01243 814484
Tent pitches: £10 per adult, £5 for under 16's (12 pitches)
Camping barns: £10 per adult, £5 for under 16's (25 barns)
Horse grazing: £5 (4 horses)
Facilities and additional information
Walkers welcome | Cycle storage | Children welcome | Drying facilities | Showers | Hot water | Cold water | Telephone in accommodation | Toilets in accommodation |
Gumber Bothy is a converted traditional Sussex barn on the National Trustís Slindon Estate in the heart of the South Downs. It provides simple overnight accommodation or camping for walkers, riders and cyclists, just off the South Downs Way.
The Bothy forms part of Gumber Farm and is 5 minutes walk from Stane Street, the Roman Road that crosses the South Downs Way at Bignor Hill.
Please note, to preserve the peaceful environment there is no vechicle access to this site. Parking is available a short walk away, please contact the National Trust for further information.
- 3 dorms with sleeping platforms, sleeps up to 25 on covered mattresses
- Good hot showers and basins
- Kitchen/diner with gas hob and washing up facilities
- Some basic pots and pans provided.
- An overflow room with no matresses is avaliable on request.
- Paddock for friendly horses
- Bike racks (located behind the building).