Alfriston Clergy House
DescriptionNational Trust Property
Alfriston, near Polegate
East Sussex BN26 5TL
Telephone: 01323 870001
Facilities and additional information
A 14th-century Wealden 'hall house' was the first building to be acquired by the National Trust, in 1896. The thatched, timber-framed house is in an idyllic setting, with views across the River Cuckmere, and surrounded by a delightful, tranquil cottage garden.
The second property and first building to be owned by the National Trust, acquired in 1896 for £10. This timber framed, thatched building with its rare chalk and sour milk floor. Its garden and kitchen garden were designed in the 1920s.
For more details of opening times, prices, facilities and events, please contact the National Trust.