Want to do it?
Today many walkers in search of adventure, take up the challenge of completing the the Trail in one continuous walk over a couple of weeks. Others choose to enjoy it over a series of weekends or on a number of day trips.
There are many hotels, bed and breakfasts, hostels, bunkbarns and campsites close by with good public transport links to nearby towns and cities.
Always follow the Mountain Code:
- Know how to use a map and compass.
- Know the weather signs and local forecast; plan within your capabilities.
- Know simple first aid and the symptoms of exposure.
- Take waterproofs and fleece.
- Ensure someone knows your plans.
- Keep alert all day!