Blakeney Circular Walk

Route type: Circular and Linear Walks

This 7.5 mile (12km) walk follow sea defence walls, roads and rights of way and visits the villages of Cley, Wiveton and Blakeney.

The River Glaven, which runs beside the route for part of the way, was once a navigable river for sea vessels and served the ports of Wiveton and Cley.  Blakeney village was also once a port, but ceased trading before 1914 as a result of the arrival of the railways and the New Cut channel silting up.

This walk is accessible by public transport via the Coast Hopper bus service. 

Download a map of the route here.