Once Brewed Visitor Centre
Northumberland National Park, Military Road
Bardon Mill, Hexham
Northumberland NE47 7AN
Telephone: 01434 344396
Fax: 01434 344487
Facilities and additional information
Once Brewed is situated close to Hadrian's Wall and is the main Visitor Centre for exploring the National Park and World Heritage Site.
Many walkers completing the Pennine Way visit this Centre – often using the Youth Hostel next door.
The Visitor Centre operates as a Tourist Information Centre where accommodation bookings can be made. As well as receiving good advice from staff, a room is also set aside where you can watch a video on the local area before venturing out.
New interpretive displays will provide you with inspiration. Other facilities include car parking (CCTV monitored), toilets (including disabled), baby-changing facilities (including bottle warming facilities), children's play table, simple refreshments, OS maps and gifts.
There is also a bus stop for the Hadrian's Wall Bus – No. AD122, allowing you to park and ride!
- Tearoom (simple refreshments with 8 person sit down facility)
- Toilets (including disabled)
- Tourist Information Centre
- Interpretive displays
- Retail Area
- Public Water Tap
- Public Telephone
- Free Internet access
- Wi-Fi access
- Cycle Stands (2 lockable. 2 Open stands)
- Car Parking Max: 57 bays including 1 bay for disabled badge holders (£3.00 per car per day; the ticket is transferable to the other National Park Hadrian's Wall car parks at Walltown Quarry, Cawfields, Steel Rigg, Housesteads and Brocolitia). Coach Parking Max: 3 Coaches (£5.00 per coach per day)
- Accommodation (Youth Hostel and accommodation at the Twice Brewed Inn)
- Picnic Tables
- Dogs, under close supervision
- Lighting and Power (by prior arrangement only)
- National Park Ranger Base
- Post Box