One mile from Hadrian's Wall Path lies the Augustinian Priory of Lanercost. The nave survived the dissolution of the monasteries where it has served as a parish church ever since. Built from masonry from Hadrian's Wall, look out for the centurial stone. The church contains the Pre-Raphaelite Edward Burne-Jones stained glass windows. Edward 1 stayed at the priory for 5 months in 1306/7 shortly before his death on his final campaign.
After visiting both the Church and Priory visit next door the Lanercost Tea Room and don't mss, only a few yards away, the early 18th century Lanercost Bridge.