Straightforward public transport
If you are planning to walk the full route from Hessle to Filey, the Yorkshire Wolds Way has probably the most straightforward public transport opportunities of any National Trail.
- There are rail connections to both Hessle (from Hull, Leeds or Sheffield) and Filey as well as between Filey and Hull.
- There is also a bus directly from Filey to Hull.
- Details of the relevant public transport connection to places along the Yorkshire Wolds Way are available in the Yorkshire Wolds Way Accommodation and Information Guide.
- If you need to use a car to visit the Yorkshire Wolds Way there are places to park your car at most settlements along the Way. Please be considerate when parking and do not block gateways or park on village greens.
- If you are planning to spend several days on the Yorkshire Wolds Way we recommend that you do not bring a car but use public transport. If you have to leave a car for some days please inform the local police of your intentions.
- To plan your journey click on the External links on this page
If you are arriving at Hull using PO North Sea Ferries the company provides a bus to take foot passengers to Hull Rail Station, booking is advisable. From Hull Station you can catch a frequent train through to Hessle and the start of the Yorkshire Wolds Way. On finishing the walk you can catch either a bus or train directly from Filey back to Hull.