This page lists the known charity and sporting events on the SDW, for those people who might want to join an event (or avoid one!). Many of these are annual events. For details, just click on the event you are interested in. Please note that the SDW team does NOT organise any of these events and this list may not be exhaustive - for details such as accurate start/finish times and entry forms please contact the organisers direct.
Organisers of events, please let the SDW Trail Officer know what you're planning and when so that clashes can be avoided. Please also read the South Downs Way events guidelines document which you can download here, this will give you advice in organising a safe event and help prevent you from running in to trouble. Thank you. You can contact the South Downs Way officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southdowns Charity Chase 2012 Start: 6 July 2013 | End: 7 July 2013 http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/Southdowns/event.asp?PageId=10&EventId=84 Sponsored South Downs Way Cycle in 1 or 2 days to raise money for Southdowns Nursery and the Point Foundation.
- Red Heart Relay Start: 14 July 2013 | End: 14 July 2013 http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/Southdowns/event.asp?PageId=10&EventId=100 The Red Heart Relay involves both runners and cyclists taking on their biggest challenge yet! Over 40 young competitors are coming together this year to complete the 100 mile course in one day. Starting in Eastbourne and finishing in Alresford, each competitor will be pushed to their limit, whether that be 1 kilometre or 10! This event is in memory of Alex Watley, who died of SADS in 2011. All proceeds from our fundraising page will be sent straight to Cardiac Risk in the Young.
- South Downs Way Off-Road Bike Ride Start: 20 July 2013 | End: 20 July 2013 http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/Southdowns/event.asp?PageId=10&EventId=6 A Sponsored cycling event in add of the British Heart Foundation along the whole of the South Downs Way from Winchester to Eastbourne. Formerley the BHF Randonee
- PLOD - South Downs Way Start: 26 July 2013 | End: 27 July 2013 http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/Southdowns/event.asp?PageId=10&EventId=27 40 mile, overnight endurance team trek over the South Downs Way for Action Medical Research
- South Downs Trailwalker 2013 Start: 27 July 2013 | End: 27 July 2013 http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/Southdowns/event.asp?PageId=10&EventId=4 A challenging 100km trek along the South Downs Way