Can I hold an event on the Peddars Way & Norfolk Coast Path National Trail?
Yes, The Peddars Way & Norfolk Coast Path is ideal for organised sponsored walks and challenge events, being largely off road, well maintained and with excellent signing.
Who should I contact to discuss/inform of the event?
- The National Trail office
- Relevant landowners and land managing bodies, even if your event will keep to the right of way.
- Local police
- Rescue services
- Parish councils
- Local Tourist Information or Visitor Centres
- Any relevant user groups.
What else do I need to be aware of?
- You should plan well ahead
- Comply with any legal requirements that may affect your type of organisation
- Avoid inappropriate dates and locations
- Avoid sensitive sites, habitats and archaeological features.
- Respect the needs of landowners, farming, forestry, the local community and businesses
- Prepare for emergencies – you will need insurance, stewards, arrangements for communications during the event and contingency plans for unexpected or emergency situations
- Set an appropriate maximum number of participants
- Remove all signs of the event immediately afterwards
- Acknowledge help, advice and co-operation you have received!
If you would like further general advice on planning an event in the countryside see here.