St Mary's church
Facilities and additional information
At nearly 240m above sea level this is one of the highest churches on the Downs. Te oldest part is the Norman nave that was probably built in the late 11th Century. There are two tiny original windows on the northern side and the tower was built in 1837 to replace the original timber belfry.The chancel is believed to be 13th Century and has very ornate windows that have been compared to those of a cathedral. The Corbett Memorial on the sout wall is made of wood but has been painted to look like marble.The church is shared between Roman Catholic and Anglican congregations.