25 High Street
Kent CT1 2BD
Telephone: 01227 471688
Facilities and additional information
Founded in 1190 soon after St Thomas Becket was murdered. Fell into disuse and was refounded in 1342 by Archbishop Stratford and was at its peak during Chaucer s times. From 1584 reforms under an Act of Parliament meant the hospital had to provide for 10 poor people and today the almshouses are occupied by older people with long standing connections with Canterbury.