St Barnabas Church Ranmore
Ranmore Common Rd
Surrey RH5 6SP
Telephone: 01306 882875
Facilities and additional information
St Barnabas Church was built by Sir Gilbert Scott for the Cubitt family. Consecrated in 1859, it was intended for the people employed on the Cubitt family s estate of Denbies. This distinctly Victorian church has survived almost unaltered with its fine marble interior, stained glass windows, original organ and peal of eight bells. Known as the Church of the North Downs Way . The whole Church is faced with rounded flints and is dominated by the striking octagonal central tower and spire.Inside is spacious and points to admire are the marble font and the pulpit built of alabastor and supported by marble columns.Outside look for the lichen growing on the porch roof. It is of a species virtually unknown in the south east and imported to the area on the Welsh slate.