Facilities and additional information
The Coldrum Stones were originally a circle of upright stones about 13.7 metres across surrounding a chalk mound with more stones arranged inside. Of Neolithic origin, they mark a longbarrow grave of 22 people plus an ox, deer, rabbit and fox. Now, because of chalk quarrying, many stones have fallen but it is still an impressive monument. Trottiscliffe church south of the country park has a superb pulpit designed in 1776 for Westminster Abbey.